I would say it's great to be back, but it's not. In the words of Tammy, "civilization is highly over-rated!!!" If it weren't for insurance making us be back above Florida by July first, business to take care of, and a few other "civilized" things, we would be back in the Bahamas in a nano second. (well maybe 10 or 11 hours, we only travel at eight and one half knots) There are a few, very few things we would miss, but as Tammy said, "civilization is highly over-rated!" I know, I know, would I like a little cheese with that whine. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and want to go back, and we will go back!
After spending our last day in the Bahamas at Grand Bahama Yacht Club and enjoying one last day (we put off our departure one extra day) we departed Paradise at 06:00 and headed out the inlet (has anyone come up with why it is called an inlet when you go in and out of the same place) into not so smooth seas. we decided to continue to the West End of Grand Bahama, and if it didn't calm by then we would turn in to West End and stay another day. (didn't want to rock and roll for 10 to 11 hours) The darn seas calmed, so we had no excuse to stay another day and headed out into the Atlantic to cross to the US. No fish today, my luck has gone away. (I think that's a song) The two huge barracuda and the three or so that got away don't count or fill a freezer. We arrived at Lake Worth Inlet late that afternoon, set the anchor "in mud" and chilled after a long day. The next morning Doug and Tammy put Hobos in the water and went to the Customs office to check in. We have what is called a Local Boaters Option so all we had to do was call them and let them know we were back. After Doug and Tammy got back, we headed out into the Atlantic and put the pointy end North to Fort Pierce. No fish today, my luck has gone away. There's that song again! As we approached the Fort Pierce inlet, the nastiest storm I have ever seen was in our path. We watched it on radar and were able to go around it and only got winds of about 30 to 35 knots. We checked out a couple of anchorages, but one was full and the other was not very well protected, (lot's of storms in the area) so we decided to go to the Fort Pierce City Marina. I am glad we did. More about that in my next blog.
September Song (I'll stop whining, Maybe) out