Monday, June 23, 2008


Dad is busy helping Steph make dinner (tacos, yummy!) so I was elected to give the narrative for the day again. As you can tell by the pictures, we had a very productive day. We walked alot, saw alot, enjoyed alot. We saw the Washington monument, WWII memorial, Vietnam War memorial, Lincoln monument, Jefferson monument, Korean War memorial, FDR memorial, and the boys managed to get Grandpa on a paddle boat in the River Basin. Did I mention it was a productive day?

Washington DC is such a rich place filled with many reminders of our government, our past as a nation, and symbols of our freedom. Every American should experience this at least once, if not more since there is so much to see it is hard to see it all in one trip. I am very thankful for the opportunity- Thanks Dad and Steph!!

I would be hard pressed to pick a "favorite" so far, but I want to say that even though I did not live in that era, the Vietnam Memorial was incredible. I can't imagine what an impression it makes on those who did live through it and were affected by Vietnam. Call me a crybaby, I was in tears and am on the verge of them now just talking about it. 59, 000 lives and countless more that still live with the effects. Stephanie's brother was lost, Dad's best friend Jim was lost



Washington monument




WW II Memorial







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment