Friday, June 20, 2008

We left our anchorage after enjoying a beautiful sunrise and headed for Washington. The trip on our last leg on the Potomac was spectacular. We passed tons of beautiful homes, Fort Washington, Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington (but he wasn't at home), beautiful hills and the view coming into Washington was a sight that gave me chills. The view from the pilot house at our marina is of the Washington Monument . Tonight as I blog I can see the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial all lit up from where I sit (way cool!) While we were sitting out on the aft deck enjoying happy hour the President flew over in his helicopter on his way home from Andrews Air Force Base. We waved and I am sure he waved back. Our marina is located on the the Washington Channel ,which is the path that they take to and from the White House.
Kerri, Patti and the boys will be here after lunch by train. Stephanie and I will meet them at the station.

Soooo much to see and do. Can't wait!
As you can see by the time I blogged this, it is past my bedtime. Spent too much time out on the front deck enjoying the views and the beautiful evening.

September Song out and off to bed.



Mount Vernon

Fort Washington

View from the pilot house, Washington Monument

The president's fly over to welcome us
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment