Thursday, December 25, 2008

Exploring on Christmas day

The camera is taking pictures but I can't use the view finder. I just point in the general direction and shoot.
We took Half Note out to the Mangrove Islands and tunnels. It was a good thing we have the new GPS or we would still be out there looking for a way out. The mangrove tunnels are way cool. In some of the areas they go on for a quarter mile or so with the mangroves covering the narrow but deep channel completely. We saw (and Cassie our fisherdog saw) tons of mullet, a small shark, perch, sea trout, and several other species I don't know the name of. After exploring we took the girls to a beach off one of the island to play in the water. Cassie was going nuts, she just knew some of the fish she saw in the channels between the islands were there waiting for her to catch them.
What a way to spend Christmas day! Sun shining, temps in the low 80's, light breezes, lots of places to explore on the water, play time on the beach, and Stephanie is on the back deck trying her hand at fishing. I guess I should go back and show her how, the great white fisherman I am. HA HA
OOPS, Stephanie just called me. She has one on. Gotta run!

September Song (loving life) out


Mangrove tunnels

Mangrove Island

Winding our way through the Mangrove Islands

Lots of wild life on these islands
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment