Friday, December 5, 2008

On the ICW headed further South

Today started at 06:45 as we pulled away from our friends' dock. Last night they took us out for a burger and a beer. We arrived at the bar/restaurant to karaoke night. What a hoot. Wished I had the camera. Do you think they would get up there again if they saw a replay of their grand performances? (I use that term loosely) It was very entertaining and the half pound burgers were great.
The whole day was flat calm, warm, (mid 70's) and not a cloud in the sky. Always lots to see along the ICW. Wildlife, fisherman, clammers, weird boats and last but not least, our buddies and side kicks, the dolphins. Mid afternoon we went up (or is it down. Is it an inlet when you are going out. I still haven't answered that one yet, but I will let you know when I do) the Cape Canaveral Barge Canal to Harbor Town where we loaded on 550 gal. of fuel. It was not quite the bite it was last summer, in fact it was a great deal at 2.13, less than half that we paid then.
The day ended in another beautiful anchorage off Cocoa Beach. I hope you don't get tired of me using the term "beautiful" but it is really, really beautiful on the water. I will let you know when it gets ugly, OK.
Sorry , it's 5:00, or should I say 17:00 somewhere and Stephanie just started cocktail hour with cheese and crackers.

September Song (another ********** day) out
Bob


Clammers working the shallows along the ICW


Birds, birds, birds
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment