Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MacDuff's Bar and Grill

Today is April 14th and the winds picked up so we moved to a more protected anchorage about a mile from where we were. The winds are only going to last a day, then calm down.
From what I could tell the blog made it through from MacDuff's Bar and grill OK. It was a little different from the usual and mixed up, but all things considered, it went through fine.
MacDuff's is one of those places in the Exumas with a charm all its own. It's on Norman's Cay with a population of I would guess less than ten people,  and is a popular stop for cruisers who anchor in the area. It's also a great get-away for people who fly in and stay in their two beach side cottages. Yes, they do have an air strip or something that looks like one anyway.  It was put there when the Island was controlled by Carlos Lehder, the drug runner. MacDuff's is one of those places we came to the Exumas to experience. One of the other great things about MacDuff's is that it has an Internet connection. Just bring your computer in by tender, belly up to the bar, order a drink, plug in, and you are good to go. A little slow maybe, but you need to remember it is on Island time also. Things are a little different than what we are normally use to. The
bathroom is a palm frond covered hut a short walk from the bar, well mostly covered, that has a sign clipped to a branch outside the hut that you flip to "occupied" when in use. No door, just a sign. after burning up the keyboard and sipping on a few spiced rum and cokes, maybe that's why the blog was a little mixed up, we all sat down for a great early dinner. I had conch fritters and Stephanie had a great cheeseburger and fries we shared. (cheeseburger in Paradise) I don't know if the food is any better here, but I think when you are in the Islands and the fresh salt air, everything is just better. By the way, as I write this, the fresh salt air is blowing at about 20 knots. I don't know where we will be tomorrow because our plan is, we have no set plan, but rest assured, I will take you there. Being on island time and schedules is great. I am loving it!

September Song (on Island time mon!) out
Bob

I'm writing this on Stephanie's computer because I couldn't get connected. Sorry! The pictures are on my computer. I will send them when I get another connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment