Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hawksbill Cay

Today has been a rain day with some thunderstorms. I don't like thunderstorms when at anchor. I hope this low moves out of the area soon. I know, I know, give me the new rope! Yesterday we took a hike over to the East side of Hawksbill Cay and found a gorgeous white sand beach on the Atlantic side that was about a mile long. It was great fun walking and exploring with the girls. Hawksbill is an uninhabited cay with soft sand beaches on the East and west shores. The views from the top of the Cay were spectacular. We didn't make it to the Russell Ruins as it is a tough rocky climb. The Russell family had a plantation here from 1785 to 1830. After our hike we spent the afternoon on the West side beach playing in the water, relaxing on the beach, and enjoying the beautiful day. If the rain stops in time we are going to explore Smugglers Cave, and Russell Rock Reef. Tonight we are invited to Gypsies in the Palace for dinner which is always fun. Yes, I did take pictures. It's always about the pictures. :-)
September Song (waiting for the rain to stop) out
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment