Thursday, September 17, 2009

Still on Pickering Creek

We are still here on Pickering Creek and loving it. The weather hasn't been all that great, cool and cloudy, but sometimes it's great just hanging with your best friend, doing a little exploring, catching BIG blue crab, and just hanging out. Stephanie is even getting into the crabbing. She just caught two jimmy's. (jumbo male blue crab) Yesterday I caught the largest blue crab I have ever seen. He was 17 inches from tip of claw to tip of claw.
Yesterday Stephanie found out that we were anchored in front of the Pickering Creek Audubon Center, a 400 acre nature preserve. We loaded up the girls in the tender and enjoyed a long walk on some of the trails. Stephanie also found out who owns the huge house just around the bend. She looked it up in the tax records on line. (my little investigator) It is owned by the Executive VP of Sunoco. (big bucks) Sorry I don't have many pictures, the camera was being difficult. The butter is starting to get a little hard, so our plan is to start working our way South in a couple of weeks. A few of the trees are starting to show color, but I don't think we will be here long enough to see fall. Got to go, it's my turn to check the lines.

September Song (enjoying Pickering Creek) out
Bob


Executive VP of Sunoco's house

SLOW, binoculars on birders

The biggest I have ever seen. 17 inches from tip of claw to tip of claw
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great stories on the crabbing, can't wait to get up there and try my luck!! Hugs, L2S

    ReplyDelete