Thursday, November 19, 2009

False start

Best laid plans oft times go astray. We left our home dock at 0900 Wednesday with dreams dancing in our heads of all the places we were headed for. We cast off the lines and idled away from the dock. It was a thing of beauty until I throttled up and Mildred, our starboard engine, started to do a dance in the engine room. My first thought was that we had picked up something on the prop so we decided to go back to the dock and I would check it out. After returning to the dock I got out the dive gear and went under the boat to check out the prop. Yes, the water was cold, even though I had my full body dive suit on. Nothing on the prop. HMMMM!! After climbing out of the water, Stephanie hosing me down, and a hot shower, I went down to give Mildred a physical. A couple of weeks ago Steve helped me put a new seal on one of Mildred's injectors that was leaking. Aha! After a little research and a phone call to the John Deere Dealer I figured out that it was the injector that was causing Mildred to be sick. Mr dealer do you have a new one in stock? Why did I know what his answer was going to be. No Sir, but I can order you one. This guy didn't know how infected we were with the wanderlust disease. How fast can you get on for me, I'm stuck and need to leave ASAP. A little cheese with that wine? I can have one here at 07:30 tomorrow. I will be there when the doors open. This morning, I left the boat at 06:15 and headed for Savannah. I returned to the boat at 08:45, had the new injector in by 09:15, and we were casting off the lines by 09:40. Oh, by the way, did I tell you we had been infected by the wanderlust bug? Me, Stephanie, and Mildred were happy again.
Our cruise started out in the fog but nothing was going to stop us. (did I tell you about that bug that bit us?) So with radar on, running lights on, fog horn on, we were on our way. After a couple of hours the fog started to lift and by afternoon it was a gorgeous, sunny calm day. It seemed that all the birds and dolphin were cheering us on as we traveled down the ICW. Tonight we are in a quiet, beautiful, gorgeous, peaceful, protected, and all by ourselves (except for the funny little boat farther up the creek) anchorage on Wally's Leg creek. Who's Wally you ask? and why is his leg in the creek? You tell me and we will both know.
Let's see, where should we go tomorrow? Well, we probably should stop in Brunswick because they have cheap fuel and we have a little over half full tanks so we can take on about 600 gallons. Because you are going along with us via the blog you want to chip in? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you.

September Song (happy to be cruising again) out
Bob

Saying good-bye to our home dock

A last look at our home in Georgia. Ah, the joy of cruising again. Not if Mildred, our starboard engine has anything to say about it!!!!! "Turn around buster, I'm not feeling well" If Mildred's not happy, no ones happy!

Mildred is so much happier now that she has her new injector. Ethel, our port engine was worried about her twin sister.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment