Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stuart, A new home base

We arrived at the Harborage Yacht Club Monday afternoon after a short 25 mile trip from our anchorage. The weather Gods were with us this last few days with calm seas and temps in the low 80's. As we cruised the dolphins were out in force, chasing and jumping all around us. We never get tired of watching them as they play around September Song. The Harborage Yacht Club and Stuart are going to be a great place to spend some time. Lots to see and do. We even have a car that one of our cruising friends have loaned us for a couple of weeks. (thanks Chuck and Pat Berry) While we are here I will be able to catch up on "wax on, wax off" and a few other maintenance things and keep September Song a happy girl. Half Note needs a little attention too. I need to keep the family car in good shape so she is happy when we go to the islands. Several of our cruising friends are headed this way and by the time they all get here there will be 32 DeFever cruisers in the Marina. (can you say party!) Yesterday and today I took advantage of the workout room here at the Yacht Club and hope to get rid of that 5 pounds (or so) I found somewhere along the way. Must have been all those happy hours. No, do you think? Stephanie thought about joining me, but decided I didn't need any help. Truth is, I need it more than she does. (she always looks great)

September Song (getting back to my fighting weight) out
Bob


A pod of dolphins playing around the boat

I don't think I have ever seen so many dolphins in one day before. They would see us coming and race to the boat to play.

Fishing along the shore

Got'em!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment