Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dinner on Tide Hiker

Steve, Di, Stephanie and I descended on Tide Hiker for another delicious creation prepared by Chef Vicki in her infamous crock pot. (chicken stroganoff) Good stuff Vicki! As usual it was great fun getting together with good friends on a cold night (way too cold for Florida) for lots of good food, drink, (OK drinks!) and tons of laughs. Dr. Vicki gave us a few of her techniques for medical emergencies on Tide Hiker. She really wants to try some of these techniques out. Maybe not in an emergency, but just to see if she can do them. I won't go into all the details, but Norm sleeps with one eye open. Next question was what would Stephanie do if something happened to me while out. We have our duties, and one of mine is docking and undocking. Stephanie can run the boat as well as I can, but has had no practice docking. She said if something happened to me, it would be WOT (wide open throttle) a call on the VHF to the closest dock and hit it at full speed.
(all 47 tons) It wouldn't be pretty, but she said she would get me in. I love my wife!!!
The night was great fun and I laughed so hard my side hurt. Now, where did I park that boat?
Thanks, Tide Hiker!

September Song (at WOT) out
Bob


Chef Vicki getting ready to serve up another one of her delicious creations

"Hurry up Norm, we're hungry"

If I tied her hands down, Stephanie couldn't talk (and she isn't even Italian!)

Medical director on Tide Hiker, Dr. Vicki, demonstrating how you safety pin the tong to the lip. Don't ask!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Not the safety pin again, run away while you can..............Tell Steve & Di and Tide Hiker we send our best. Stay warm, Life's2Short

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boat is beautiful. What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog - which I found through following other friends of mine who are cruising towards Florida. Your boat is beautiful. Is it a DeFevre or something else? It looks like its at least 80 feet but its hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete