Friday, February 12, 2010

If this is Thursday, we must be in Belgium

What a great time the three of us had visiting my homeland of Belgium last night. (it was like being in the "Twilight Zone) The Belgian beer and food were great. I hope I didn't bore everyone with all my Belgian stories about racing pigeons, raising Belgian rabbits, and the Belgian culture in my home town. Did you know my fathers family is Belgian Royalty? Well, OK, they were servants of the Royal family. As I always say, my family didn't sit on the throne, we cleaned it. (both types) After leaving Belgium we wandered down the street to a corner bar with great music and even better people watching. Met some fun people there. Some partied a little too hard as you will see in one of the pictures. I don't think she will remember a thing about last night when she finally wakes up.
Today another COLD front is moving through and it is cold and raining. We had planned to go to Tampa to meet up with Life's2Short, Tide Hiker and some other cruising friends, but because of weather we will stay put. Looking at the weather for the next week it is going to be 12 to 14 degrees warmer (the butter is way too hard here to spread) South from here, so we are going to miss seeing our friends in Tampa and St. Pete. Sunday we will cast off the lines and put the pointy end South and meet up with Aurora, Stormy, (the girls will be glad to see their boyfriend Calloway again) and Shenanigans, our good friends who we haven't seen since my 60th birthday party last August. I know, I know, not another party!

September Song (the weather here SUCKS today) out
Bob


This is the elevator to Belgium. We decided to take the stairway. do do do do, do do do do. You have now entered the "Twilight Zone". Some of you may be too young to remember that one.

Once in my homeland we sampled some of the Belgium beers.

The three of us enjoying rabbit stew, duck, and mussels Belgian style.

This is the sign on the elevator door back to the US. It was a short trip, but we enjoyed it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment