Monday, May 31, 2010

A dog gone good day

Today I decided I would do a dog blog. Today when we got up, well when me Cassie and Mom got up, Cassie and I asked if we could go to the beach today. The way we let them know is we go out on the swim platform and stare at Half Note, our family car. We get to go to the beach almost every day when we are in the Islands. Mom said when Dad gets up they have some things to do. Dad had to change some lights, make some water, Mom had to do laundry, and they had to clean the boat and get ready for our cousin Brianne who will be here Wednesday. I can't wait! Cassie and I went down and woke Dad up so he could get an early start. "Get up Dad, we want to go to the beach later!!!" Mom and Dad were great and got started after breakfast and were done by lunch. We stayed out of the way so they could get done sooner and rested up for the beach. We always know it's time to go because Mom and Dad go down stairs and put on their swim suits. Me and Cassie go back to the swim platform and wait. When they come up they always tell us to wait, but we can't wait and always jump into the tender first. We never get in trouble for it! Dad gets in the tender while we jump around like nuts and Mom hands the stuff to Dad to go to the beach, Mom gets us untied and off we go, me and Cassie in the bow with our ears flapping in the wind (Dad drives us there fast) and we know we will be at the beach soon. When we get there, well almost there, Mom always tells us to wait. What's to wait for, we're close enough. Cassie and I jump off the bow and swim the rest of the way. We love jumping off the bow! I'm always a good girl and potty on the front deck of the boat, but Cassie holds out for the beach. First thing she does is go potty, and then the rest of the day she hunts for fish. (she never catches any) Not me, I'm ready to chase that ball. (after a roll in the sand) Mom and Dad sit in the water or go for a walk, but not without me and my ball! After a fun day at the beach we all get back in Half Note (Cassie jumps in and I need a little help) and go back home. When we get home Dad hoses the salt water off us (and the sand off me) Mom Dries us off, and its time for a treat and a nap. Later mom will give me an aspirin because I get a little sore, but it is all worth it. Cassie and I love our Mom and Dad and our life on September Song. I wish we could stay in the Islands forever. Let's do it again tomorrow Mom and Dad!

September Song (It's a Dog gone good life) out
Godiva


That's my Dad. The anchor light burned out, so he had to climb up on the roof and change it. Are you done yet Dad? We want to go to the beach!

I love to roll in the sand when we get to the beach. It feels so good to be there. Dad tells me to stop because he has to clean it all off me when we get home. I pretend I don't hear him.

That's me, the one with the sand all over my nose guarding my ball.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Cassie and Godiva! Wish I was with you to roll in the sand and fish. Dakota Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godiva is an awesome writer! I should try something like that, but my friend Victor can hardly read:) Vicky the beagle

    ReplyDelete