Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm back!

Well, Stephanie, (AKA my computer wizard) fixed the problem I was having with my blog. She's the smartest lady I know.
I'm going to do this a little different than my usual, because I've got a lot of catching up to do, (Sixteen days) so I'm going to do it a port at a time.
Our first stop after leaving Portland, ME (goodbye Maine :-/ ) was Rockport, MA. Rockport is a gorgeous fishing village and artist colony, unlike Portland and some of the other towns we have been in, that are beautiful and fun, but not quite as scenic as Rockport. The harbor is small, and very well protected, with lots of lobster boats, and very little in the way of dockage, moorings, or marinas for our size boat. The harbor master was very accommodating, and put us on a wall right in front of one of the most photgraphed and painted buildings in the North East, Motif #1. The two days we stayed there, September Song was photographed many times by people along with the building. The tides here are still around 12 foot, and it was a real climb to get on and off the boat during low tide.

September Song (enjoy Rockport) out
Bob


September Song, docked in front of Motif #1 at high tide.

Me, climbing the ladder at low tide.

This gives you and idea of how far it is down the ladder to September Song. Hi honey!

Everyone else passing this spot was taking pictures, so I thought we should have our picture taken too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment