Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A day to celebrate

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. It is so great to be married to my best bestest friend, partner, soul mate, lover, and admiral of our ship. Stephanie is the most wonderful woman in the whole world. Sorry ladies, but she is tops.
We decided to move to an anchorage 17 miles south yesterday where there are more beaches for the girls to play on. (us too) As we traveled there was some kind of exercise going on with paratroopers jumping out of a perfectly good transport and landing in the water. Cool. We passed Stiltsville which is an area in Biscayne Bay that people have built small homes on stilts in the shallow flats. What a great getaway and what a great view. The water here is so clear that you can see the bottom in 15 foot of water. It is a little unnerving at first because the bottom looks so close as you travel, but then you look at the depth sounders and you know you are in at least 15 foot of water. This anchorage is a great place so I think we will stay a few days. today, when we go out on Half Note exploring I will take my looky bucket and take some pictures. What is a looky bucket you say? well you will have to wait for my next post. :-)
We finished the day grilling out on the fly bridge and enjoying a wonderful warm evening in the keys.

September Song (celebrating every day) out
Bob

2 comments:

  1. Every day I am reminded that I am the luckiest person in the world - to have found Bob. I love you, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary.hope you had a greatday.
    marsie and don

    ReplyDelete