Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry it took so long to post this blog, but I was having too much fun with the kids.
This whole weekend was in the planning stages, I find out, in May while we were in the Exumas. I remember, and I was reminded, of the day we were at a bar that had Internet and I was blogging and Stephanie was e-mailing something. I leaned over to look and she closed her screen. How rude, we share everything. Well I was pissy the rest of the day. (Stephanie says a couple of days) She, as always forgave me, and I soon forgot. (sorry hon) I find out now that everyone was in on it from the start. The planning that she had to do, especially because we are cruising and our plan is we have no plan, and we are sticking to it, had to be a real big task. Well, she pulled it off and I was totally surprised. What a weekend! Patti, Kerri, Brianne, Austin, Lex, and D.J. my daughters and grandchildren all flew in. Doug and Tammy (Stephanie's partners in crime) were here because we are traveling together, Steen and Trudy, Norm and Vickie, and Rick and Lynnie all left their boats and drove here just to help in the surprise and celebrate my birthday with me. What a surprise (I think I said that before) it was and what a great time we all had. (mostly me) Also thanks to all who called and e-mailed birthday wishes. This is one I will always remember. A special thanks to Doug and Tammy for all the help you gave Stephanie in putting this wonderful weekend together and being such good cruising friends and buddy boaters. Thanks to Tammy I have lots of pictures to share with everyone. I was too busy with my mouth open, and wondering what was going to happen next, to take pictures and Stephanie was too busy making thing happen. Last but not least, my wonderful wife, partner, lover, and admiral of our ship, Stephanie. She is the best. I can say I don't feel sixty and hope I feel as good as I do now for many cruising years to come with the love of my life. As life's2short says, "You only have so many days in this life, but the ones at sea don't count against you" so we're not counting, we're cruising.
Love you Stephanie!
September Song (surprised) out
Bob


My mouth was in this position most of the weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day at Staniel when you were pissy, Bob!!! Steph and I chuckled together! Looks like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete