Sunday, January 11, 2009

A day at Sombrero Reef

Today, Stephanie and I, and Chuck and Fabin left our marina at 08:00 on September Song for Sombrero Reef about 6 to 7 miles out. It was a perfect day for going to the reef, calm, clear and in the 80's. The snorkeling and diving was great with good visibility. I wish I had an underwater camera so I could share with you all the different colors and species of fish and coral. (big Barracuda) Maybe you could all chip in and buy me one so you can go under water with me. :-) The girls also had a great time in their life jackets chasing me and the fish. (what a life these two lead) Chuck, if you remember from a previous blog, still has stitches in the back of his head from the spill he took while waxing his boat, so he was the designated photographer for today's trip. It was really great when we got tired to be able to rest on the aft deck, have lunch while enjoying the scenery and then back in the water. I can't think of a word to use to tell you what a fabulous day we had at the reef. The day was even better sharing it with two good friends, Chuck and Fabin.

September Song (a day to remember) out
Bob


Fabin, Me, Stephanie ready to go into the water

Stephanie snorkeling

Calm gin clear waters and in the 80's. Perfect day

Taking a break
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Bob and Stephanie! There are disposable underwater cameras available - relatively cheap and fun to keep around for that special underwater shot. The quality of the prints is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete