Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We are here

I got an e-mail from Patti today asking "are you out there". Yes, we are here. Monday I did some more waxing on September Song, visited with our new neighbors, and joined the group for beer butt chicken at one of the local waterside restaurants. If you don't know what beer butt chicken is, it's a chicken cooked with a can of beer in its butt. 
Our new neighbors, Terry and Mary are from Illinois. Mary attended Alleman High School class of 61, the same school I attended class of 68, and spent summers on the Rock River, the same river I grew up on. Mary's niece is married to Steve VanAcker, brother to one of my good friends in High School and cousins to my X. As George Carlin said "it's a small world......... but I wouldn't want to paint it" 
Tuesday I waxed in the morning (it's a big boat) and in the afternoon we took a ride on Bee and Bop to the dive shop, West Marine (can't go past without stopping) and Publix for some provisions. The reason for the trip to the dive shop was for a new dive flag and we needed a few more dive belt weights. The reason for the new dive flag is because the Marine Patrol stopped by while we were at the Reef Sunday and told us our flag was too small to hang high and that it need to be in the water with us or we couldn't go back in the water. Hmmmm, what could I use to float the flag in the water. One empty gallon jug, My fishing rod, a dive weight, a couple of zip ties and voila. It looked a little funny, but it worked.

Last night the cold front you all sent our way moved through. The high today was only 70 so we took the day to clean inside September Song. I know, I know, only 70 degrees. I hear you! Every day in Paradise can't be a play day. All play and no work makes for an unhappy September Song. We have an agreement. We take care of her and she will take care of us.

September Song (Yes Patti, We are still here) out
Bob


I need to go to shell horn school
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment